Friday, May 23, 2008

Money Maker Info Blog Lost Google Rankings about 24 Hours

When I checked my AdSense stat yesterday, I found that my page view and AdSense earning dropped dramatically. So, my first guest was that, this blog must have been experienced a serious drop of traffic. I then went to Google to check the keyword rankings for this blog and found that I lost my no.1 rankings for most of my targeted keywords. Oh my god, Google must have penalized my blog, I said.

But, fortunately today Google sent my blog back to the original top rankings which makes me excited but a little confuse now.

It is so true that Google's ranking Algorithm is very complicated. I have learned and experienced Google search engine optimization for more than a year. I still know not much about how Google is ranking websites. Yes, getting top on Google is about building relevant and quality backlinks; and proper keyword optimizations on your webpage such as Meta title and Meta description tags.

A website that has done well on these things may achieve first page on Google for the main keywords the site has targeted. But Google is smart and monitoring websites closely. A website that reaches top rankings isn't always staying top for long. Google will keep on changing their ranking algorithm, evaluating websites on a regular basis (possible daily) and doing updates. As a result, many webmasters and bloggers have a hard time maintaining their top rankings. Even, some of them have built their backlinks consistently and updated their sites with fresh content, but they still fail to maintain their site rankings when their sites reach certain ages. All these make Google a unique search engine that is unpredictable.

Ranking Drop is My Nightmare
When I first found that my site disappeared on Google's first page for most of the major keywords. I didn't shock at all as I have often seen Google drop websites and got the idea that it could happen to any website. But I feel sad and uncomfortable on this sudden drop; and didn't sleep well yesterday night. Now, I have not idea if this is a warning to Money Maker Info that Google will soon penalize it or is just another Google update that causes temporarily disappear. But one thing for sure is that I will always work on it to keep my Google rankings. Google has sent tons of free traffic to my blog and helped me make good money online.

Google always Did the Right Thing
I personally think that Google has done well in providing quality search result to the users and searchers. I’m sure one of the purposes of Google on changing their ranking algorithm regularly is to provide the best search result (relevant and quality) to the users. Their choose what sites to rank on their first result pages for best keeping and growing their user base and improving the business performance. I have nothing to blame if Google really throws my blog out of top 10.

All Advertisers are Refunded
When my blog disappeared on Google, I have thought about the traffic that I can send to my sponsors who display 125x125 banner ad on my blog. I thought I'm going to be out of top for weeks and not able to generate the amount of traffic (few hundreds of targeted visitors monthly) that I used to generate for them. One of my sponsors has advertised on my blog for more than 4 months. I don’t want to disappoint them, so I made a partial refund to all of them and taken their ads down.

No comments:

earn money online-|- forex auto trading-|- forex trade-|- forex trading-|- forex trade-|- forex trade-|- lawyer-|-acne-|-sinus-|-|-cancer treatment-|-